[Debconf-video] Testing Nageru in parallel during DC17? [was: (Re: Report from last week-end's single-user single-day DebConf Video sprint)]

Dear all,

I low-level lurk -video and, of course, read Planet Debian. Full
disclosure, I also helped Sesse with his Prometheus[1] integration in
anticipation of needing that in February 2018.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
> I do agree that higher resolution is generally better, and we should
> consider to switch to 1080p in a few years, when technology has improved
> to a level where it makes technical sense for us to push that far.

This does seem to be within easy reach even today, given Nageru's[2]
performance characteristics. Especially considering the new cameras
DPL OK'ed the budget for, it would seem like a bit of a waste not to
try and get 1080p50, or 1080p30, out of them today; else, buying
cheaper cameras now and waiting until the price drops for
higher-framerate Q/FHD cameras might be more cost-effective and result
in a larger hardware pool within a few years.

As it's not trivial to change a whole setup over night and because
people are most focused before/during the actual events, preliminary
FOSDEM planning is to record the main talk room with the existing
system and Nageru in parallel. I do wonder if something similar would
work for DebCamp/-Conf.

I do know that this topic is controversial due to personal reasons,
but I still feel it's a prudent time to bring this point up again.

As an aside, the info overlays possible with Nageru's CasparCG[3][4]
integration would be rather nice for in-lined conference, topic, and
speaker info.

Back to lurking,
Richard

[1] https://prometheus.io/