Re: [Debconf-video] Uploading DebConf recordings to YouTube?

http://debconf14-video.debian.net/video/242/weapons-of-the-geek
(note the youtube link)

was done with:
https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/lib/youtube_v3_uploader.py

Readme says it can be run standalone.  That might still be true, but don't count on it.  A year ago I migrated to python 3 and added support for playlists that I am not sure got exposed.  None of that matters for this project.

It is meant to be used as part of a bigger system that iterates over the list of videos/metadata and has a place to store the resulting URL, or at least mark each one as being uploaded:
https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/scripts/post_yt.py#L162-L212

I wold be delighted if someone would try to call lib/youtube_v3_uploader.py from some other data source.  It would prove (or disprove) isolation of... concerns?  something.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 06:09:49PM +0200, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> The CCC VOC (Video Operations Center) is publishing the Chaos Computer
> Club event recordings on YouTube as well, which I much appreciate.

they are mostly doing it, because else someone else would upload them,
index them badly and make money on the ads. it also saves them from discussing
this again and again ;)

This clearly shows that there is demand for their talks. Even though we haven’t reached the point of many people uploading DebConf talks yet, I think it’d be good to be pro-active here.

(plus their publishing toolchain by now does the uploads (to several locations)
automatically…)

Neat. I’m not familiar with our toolchain. Could ours do the same?

Best regards,
Michael