[Debconf-video] Organizing the Autumn sprint: IRILL Confirmation, next steps

Breaking the thread voluntarily so people notice the mail.

* Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollito@riseup.net> [2016-08-10 15:38:35 -0400]:

> Hello video people!
>
> We had a nice short meeting about the Autumn sprint today and we agreed
> on three things:
>
> 1) Doing the sprint at IRILL would be the best
>
> The video stuff is already there, so less trouble for everyone.
>
> 2) We would aim for a weekend sprint
>
> 3) The dates would preferably be 18-19-20 November, with 30-1-2 October
> as a second choice
>
> It looks like the following people could make it for 18-19-20 November:
>
> * pollo
> * tumbleweed
> * paddatrapper
> * ivodd
> * tobi
>
> Do any of the other members of the videoteam (RattusRattus, wouter, Q,
> olasd & all the others I'm forgetting) cannot make it for that weekend
> and would like to come?
>
> If so, please reply to this thread so we can have a definitive choice in
> the next few days.

I just got feedback from the IRILL people regarding rooms for the Video Sprint.
TL;DR: IRILL would be glad to welcome us.

I've put all the info on the following pad:
https://annuel.framapad.org/p/dcvideo-sprint-201611

Their proposal is to use the IRILL visioconference room during the week, and to
colonize a nearby classroom during the weekend if we need it and more people
trickle in. The visioconference room is a bit tight (well, it sits 15ish ppl
around tables), but it has the advantage of being in IRILL and lockable, so
we're free to do as we choose in it, and to leave hardware as is during the
night. It also has (firewalled) wired network drops. The classroom is bigger
(sits 50), but even though it's physically in IRILL it's a shared resource and
we're not sure we can lock it.

Weekend access is not a problem: the campus is open to the public on Saturdays,
and on Sundays we just need to give a list of names to the security staff so
that they let people in.

What I propose is to book the visio room from Thursday 17 November to Sunday 20
November. That way, early people can drop their stuff off and/or start working
on Thursday. We can colonize the classroom when it's free and we need to
breathe :P

Our next step is to budget the sprint and get DPL approval. We need an agenda,
as well as estimates for each attendee for travel and accommodation. I started
filling the pad for that. If someone wants to move that to the wiki they should
feel free to do so.

We should put a deadline in 10 days or so for the sprint submission so there's
ample time to get approval and do the bookings while prices are reasonable.

IRILL is at :

Université Pierre et Marie Curie
4 place Jussieu
75005 Paris 5ème arrondissement

Métro lines 7 and 10 (stop "Jussieu")

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/48.84736/2.35435 (IRILL is between towers
15 and 16, in the westernmost corner).

I don't have many suggestions for accommodation. I know that the Citadines
Appart'Hotel near Place d'Italie was a good option for the people who came for
the Ruby Sprint last year (when IRILL was at Place d'Italie; Jussieu is four
metro stops or a 30 min walk away from there, so it's a totally reasonable
option). There's a bunch of DDs and other free software types around as well,
so it might be possible to find some crash space if you'd rather do that. I
have a couch but I live an hour away in the suburbs so it's not the most
convenient place to stay :)

See you around,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #440:
Cache miss - please take better aim next time