Re: [Debconf-video] Renting cameras & capture cards in Cape Town

I would find out what is available for hire, for how much, etc.

I would suggest renting everything from the same place.   That will limit the choices of what you can rent.

SDI output is nice, but I have no idea how easy it is to rent.
HDMI output seems to be popular in consumer/prosumer.

both will need hardware to capture, like a black magic card, which will need a desktop to host the card.

hdmi2usb can be used to capture hdmi into a laptop, but it currently does not capture audio, so you would need a usb audio device too.