Re: [Debconf-video] Info for using the Opsis board + HDMI2USB for TwinPact replacement

PS We obviously could use help! :)

tumbleweed has been good at getting various things packaged but I don't think he has time to tackle bigger things like lm32 cross compilers.

If you know Linux Kernel hackers we have a whole bunch of interesting things which we would love their help with; from helping improve host side kernel drivers, to helping getting the Linux kernel running directly on the Opsis board itself (it'll be slow, but usable for things like running a HTTP server with a JSON control endpoint and SSH server).

If we had more people with Linux kernel experience, we could do some awesome custom driver stuff on the host too. For example;
 * We could use a better option for supporting multiple serial ports. Maybe something based on http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/usb/serial/io_ionsp.h (We'd need something like that for libCEC support.)
 * We could use a better option for exposing the I2C buses on the device to the host computer. Maybe something based on http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-tiny-usb.c

In fact any C hackers would be super useful! A large amount of the HDMI2USB firmware is in C (see https://github.com/timvideos/HDMI2USB-misoc-firmware/tree/master/firmware).

Hardware wise, I'm sure that seaLne on the channel would love help with reviewing the VGA board schematics (work will be at https://github.com/timvideos/HDMI2USB-TOFE-VGA).

Nobody is looking at SDI stuff yet. It would be good if someone started helping with that (both looking at creating boards and FPGA based decoders).

Of course, anyone who has *any* FPGA experience would be *super* useful too, but I understand that is much less common :).

So much to do, so little time :)

Tim 'mithro' Ansell