Re: [Debconf-video] Buy some Numato Opsis boards?

On 11/09/2015 10:44, Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi,

On Freitag, 11. September 2015, Carl Karsten wrote:
Important detail: in the last few weeks the programming has come together;
unlike a year ago, I can now say it is useable.  Here is the first talk:

http://www.pyvideo.org/video/3849/mongoengine-basics

I used a gstreamer pipeline that down samples the 720p into 480i DV and
sends it to DVswitch.  This means you can replace the twinpact and continue
to use DVswitch if nothing else is suitable.
given this, I'm in favor of getting 3 boards too. IIRC the VOC is also working
on laser cutted cases for it…

and re: videoteam sprint in Cambridge: if this should happen (which I'm
absolutly in favor of), planning should move forward soon. It's only 2 months
ahead!

I agree, we buy 3 of these then.
Who can authorise this spend / place order?

We will need to make the following hardware expansions so that we can fully replace the twinpacts (and get them supported as part of the project):
    VGA input
    VGA output
I guess that will be me then :-)

We will also need the laser cut enclosure (or some other suitable box). Ideally this will also contain the PSU, and sacrificial connectors - more on this at the sprint.

And we should push for LAN functionality ASAP
- having LAN out means that we don't need the laptop that has accompanied the twinpact. (less to go wrong)

Finally we don't really want to down scale slides to 480i (note: 720p is slightly lower resolution than the DV we already have from the twinpacts). Right now this just replaces DV, and gives us digital capture, but it doesn't improve on resolution. I would have thought that we would want to run at least 1080p as our standard capture resolution (replacing 1024x768)

With regards to sprint / Miniconf:
It looks like the Cambridge Miniconf will go ahead. ARM will once again host, but dates have yet to be finalised.

/Andy