[Debconf-video] Buy some Numato Opsis boards?

https://www.crowdsupply.com/numato-lab/opsis

Carl and Tim have been showing of the prototypes of this board to us,
for the last couple of DebConfs.

They look like a good replacement for twinpacts, and that is basically
what they've been designed for.

Downsides are that they are currently HDMI-only (there are plans for a
VGA daughter-board, but it isn't available yet).

The capture over Ethernet feature also isn't there yet. Right now, they
present as a UVC video device.

So, we should make a decision on whether we want to buy some. I was
thinking we should get 3 (that's the number of rooms we've been covering
for the last 2 years), as twinpact replacements.

This doesn't help us replace firewire, for cameras. We'd probably want
to use smaller HDMI->USB capture cards or SDI capture cards, for that.

We spoke about having a video team sprint in early November (traditional
Cambridge mini-DebConf season). But this funding closes before then, so
we need to make a decision by e-mail.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera