Re: [Debconf-video] Unauthorised logos in DC14 videos

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 10:14:14AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> I downloaded this file (yesterday already), watched the end with vlc and mplayer and did not notice a next day video logo in this video. the video just ends. *if* there is a frame its not noticable.

I did the same now, and it is true that watching the video locally does not
expose the logo. However, it doesn't make the issue less serious. The fact
that it was put there with *no consent* is the problem.

I was a video-team volunteer and I felt personally offended when I first saw
the logo. And I assure you that it is very much noticeable when you watch the
video through a browser, since the last frame stays forever.

> tiago also told me it's a single frame, which would be 1/25 seconds at the end.
>
> anyway, the fix using ffmpeg from wheezy would be done like this:
>
> ffmpeg -i $inputfile -s 0 -t ${length-1sec] -vcodec copy -acodec copy $outputfile
>
> determing the length of an video and adding a loop to process them all is left as an excercise for the reader.

If it is a simple thing to be done, and no one from the video-team volunteer,
I'll find time to do it next weekend. But for sure I'll need some guidance,
I don't even know where those files are. So *please*, stand up if you can help,
or go ahead if you can do it before the weekend.

Last but not least, "with my chair hat" I apologize to the video-team members
for not bringing this issue to the list before, and I hope that with your help
we can have it solved as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Tassia.