Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Website to watch streaming of the DebConf14

(Cc:ing debconf-video)

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 08:59:07PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 11:25:36PM -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> > > I'm thinking of using similar tools (cortado[4], html+css, html5
> > > tag<video>) similar code of the previous editions, however, in place
> > > of IRC webchat.oftc, wanting to try the scrollback[5], being a free
> > > tool which integrates with social networking and IRC.
> > > Also is open to other suggestions and collaborations. Bring the
> > > contents of transmission DebConf14 a larger number of developers and
> > > contributors.
> > Could you take a look at http://timvideos.us/ ? We're running video for
> > a conference right now, so you can see real things going on. You can
> > find the source in https://github.com/timvideos. You may want to hack
> > this one and have it integrated to other tools of your preference.
> > Anyway, you're also free to use other stuff as you did great for past
> > DCs. You can talk to me directly if you need quick responses in pt_BR,
> > I'm becoming quite involved with video team from next days so I may be
> > useful on this.
> It's probably worth mentioning that Summit, which we're using this year, has
> built-in support for linking IRC channels and video in-line in the page for
> each session.

To be clear, do you mean the icecast_url field in summit.schedule.Room ?
from what I've found so far that just displays a link to some external
place to view the live stream. Valessio is talking about making a nice
looking page that we could link to from there. It will make it easy for
viewers to watch directly in their browsers and provide other nice
stuff. I haven't yet found that kind of functionality in summit. If you
have, please point me at it.

> If there are tools other than those currently in place which
> you would like us to use, perhaps you can do that integration in Summit, so
> we don't accidentally end up with multiple pages with different IRC/video
> views?
>
>   https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Summit

I'm getting decently comfortable with the summit code. So, I can likely
help if we decide to integrate Valessio's work directly into summit.
Just pointing to his creation from the schedule is probably sufficient,
though, and less work.

-edrz