Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Website to watch streaming of the DebConf14

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@zhevny.com> wrote:
(Cc:ing debconf-video)

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 08:59:07PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 11:25:36PM -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> > > I'm thinking of using similar tools (cortado[4], html+css, html5
> > > tag<video>) similar code of the previous editions, however, in place
> > > of IRC webchat.oftc, wanting to try the scrollback[5], being a free
> > > tool which integrates with social networking and IRC.
> > > Also is open to other suggestions and collaborations. Bring the
> > > contents of transmission DebConf14 a larger number of developers and
> > > contributors.
> > Could you take a look at http://timvideos.us/ ? We're running video for
> > a conference right now, so you can see real things going on. You can
> > find the source in https://github.com/timvideos. You may want to hack
> > this one and have it integrated to other tools of your preference.
> > Anyway, you're also free to use other stuff as you did great for past
> > DCs. You can talk to me directly if you need quick responses in pt_BR,
> > I'm becoming quite involved with video team from next days so I may be
> > useful on this.
> It's probably worth mentioning that Summit, which we're using this year, has
> built-in support for linking IRC channels and video in-line in the page for
> each session.

To be clear, do you mean the icecast_url field in summit.schedule.Room ?

No.

It is yet another code base.  It is both streaming server and django website to build a central page of streams that shows images taken from each  stream every 5 seconds.  Plus a bunch of other features like js irc chat on the same page.

>> You can  find the source in https://github.com/timvideos.

http://timvideos.us/  is an instance of it.  Currently there is no event streaming, and because it dynamicaly builds the main page based on the talk schedule, it doesn't look like much.

If someone wants to make it better let me know and I'll document out how to bring up a dev instance with dummy streams.

from what I've found so far that just displays a link to some external
place to view the live stream. Valessio is talking about making a nice
looking page that we could link to from there. It will make it easy for
viewers to watch directly in their browsers and provide other nice
stuff. I haven't yet found that kind of functionality in summit. If you
have, please point me at it.

> If there are tools other than those currently in place which
> you would like us to use, perhaps you can do that integration in Summit, so
> we don't accidentally end up with multiple pages with different IRC/video
> views?
>
>   https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Summit

I'm getting decently comfortable with the summit code. So, I can likely
help if we decide to integrate Valessio's work directly into summit.
Just pointing to his creation from the schedule is probably sufficient,
though, and less work.

-edrz