Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 12:44:46PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2011, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > When is setup?
> >
> > Good question :-)
> >
> > friday evening and (early) saturday morning.
>
> Actually, I would prefer and suggest to start Friday morning. Philip told me
> we can get in then

Oh?

Well, Philip knows more about that subject than I do, so I suppose
that's true, then. So much the better; I was under the (wrong,
apparently) impression that we wouldn't be able to get in before late
afternoon.

> and so I think we should leave Paris (with the gear) either on Thursday
> evening or really early on Friday. I prefer Thursday and plan to arrive in
> Paris on either Tuesday late or Wednesday real early.

Right.

> > - Fluendo said they will do our streaming, though I haven't gotten final
> >   confirmation for that yet. If they end up unable to do so, there
> >   simply won't be any streaming -- since FOSDEM has never done much
> >   streaming in the past, that won't really be a regression (there was an
> >   experimental stream last year, but I don't think it was advertised
> >   much...).
>
> we could easily use the DebConf streaming infrastructure for this, if we plan
> this a little.
>
> All this belongs on a wiki page too.

I have confirmation from Fluendo that they'll do streaming for us, in
WebM and Theora. If we provide them with DV streams, they'll stream two
rooms (main track rooms); if we provide them with WebM streams, they'll
transcode that to theora and stream up to five rooms for us.

I think streaming 2 rooms is fine, and it allows me not to have to worry
about all this streaming stuff too much. Also, backing out again now,
after having arranged this, seems like a bad idea.

the following formula:

pi zz a