Re: [Debconf-video] ¿Which software is you using for stream the talks?

2011/7/30 Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
Hi Edgar!

First of all, I'm happy Wouter already answered to you with the
real answer to your question ;-)

Edgar Aquino dijo [Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 07:30:21PM -0500]:
> Hello to everybody
>
> My name is Edgar, i live in Oaxaca Mexico, i'm user of Debian since 3.1
> Sarge and is the first time i
> follow a Debian Conference based on live streaming, and this cause me
> curiosity...
>
> I have seen another events on streaming, commonly based on UStream or
> LiveStream, but i saw that
> you don't use that services...

That's right - We don't like using non-free software or non-controlled
infrastructures. Specially if it's so easy to do it by ourselves! (not
implying that the videoteam's work is trivial, of course)

Actually, we were yesterday chating on debconf12-nicaragua about the video-team and we found it amazing.

Edgar: here's a diagram of what you could need and how it works the DebConf streaming. It's kind of confussed, but awesome:

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Videoteam

I did a IRC-based mini-tutorial for it in 2008 - you can re

ad it at:

http://edusol.info/en/e2008/memorias/implementacion-tecnologica-incluyente-videoconferencias-con-software-libre

Thank's for the post, Gunnar. That maybe will work for a better explanation.

We'll try to implement it locally, just for fun. :)

Greetings,