[Debconf-video] Delivering DebConf videos

Hi all,

After some fails I finally managed to have localtv (MiroCommunity.org software)
working in my server. Thanks to Asheesh Laroia for his help on this.

I have a short and a long-term plan for MC in Debian. The short is doing some
testing in order to be convinced that it will be a friendly and consistent way
to deliver DebConf videos to the community.

What I'm doing for this now:

1) installing and testing the software in my VPS
2) checking licenses of ~20 softwares that localtv depends on and are not in Debian

Once 1 and 2 don't fail I'll try to get:

3) a debian/debconf server for providing the service
4) a ${whatever}.debian.net
5) an -annoucement/-publicity about this service
6) a patch for penta to build proper XML feeds for MC

Any help from 1 to 6 will be very welcome.

The long-term plan is to package it into Debian. I'll be doing some
documentation about this process here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Tiago%20Bortoletto%20Vaz/MiroCommunityPackaging

Any help here will be very appreciated as well.

The current MC instance is running at http://tiagovaz.org:8000/ with all
DebConf videos from DC5 to DC10 already imported.

I intend to talk a little about this during our next meeting here in BL, if we
find time.

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org