Re: [Debconf-video] Can a volunteer working remotely offer any help?

Hi Alejandro,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:58:10PM -0300, Alejandro Martini wrote:
> Hi, I've seen a post from Holger asking for people willing to help the
> videoteam.
>
> Unfortunately I'm not in Banja Luka, but I'd like to offer my help.
>
> I understand that perhaps it's not possible to help remotely for
> technical reasons
> (like for example the requirements for the video review process).
>
> However, if I can be of any assistance, I'd be happy to help.
>
> I think that the video team is doing an outstanding job, which is very valuable
> for those of us who cannot be there in person. I'm really grateful for that.

It's really nice to see people wanting to help remotely the videoteam. I've
forwarded this to the team but we didn't find a way to get people remotely
helping on the reviewing process. For now I'd say you could help by:

- watching the streams and reporting to #deconf-video any issue you notice
- reviewing encoded video files when available at
  http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/ - actually we have
  people doing such review here before uploads, but double checks are always helpful

Maybe someone else from the team can point other fronts for remote volunteers
here.

Thanks,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org