Re: [Debconf-video] preparing the software stack

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:25:17AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> [...snip transcoders and streaming stuff that I have no experience with...]
>>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.4-1 | squeeze
>>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.5-1 | wheezy
>>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.5-1 | sid
>>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.6-1 | sid
>
> I would like to suggest using the 0.9 branch rather than the 0.8 one.
>
> Pro:
> - Has some interesting new features (recording stops (visually) when
>  disk runs full;

Record button is visually disabled if dvsink-files is not attached.

Which also brings up the "* STOP"  message, so there is not missing it.

> time-based fading; i18n (okay that might be an issue
>  rather than a feature for debconf ;-))
>
> Con:
> - It's not been packaged yet
> - New code might have instability issues
>
> but then on that latter point: I've used it for several DVD concert
> recordings, and have not had serious issues with it (BTW I had been
> planning on bringing a few DVD's of the baobab recording, and put them
> in my car, but moved them out in the end when I was cleaning and
> packing... :-/ ).

Here are my packages for various ubuntus:
https://launchpad.net/~carlfk/+archive/ppa/+packages

I have been using .9 for over a year.

The only issue is the behaviour of the Fade button with regard to PnP
- the result is a bit confusing which causes the operator a bit of
panic.   The solution is: "If you see it is not enabled, Just click
it."  because there really isn't a reason not to use it.

The "Record disabled when not recording" makes up for it.

--
Carl K