Re: [Debconf-video] preparing the software stack

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 11:25:17AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
[...snip transcoders and streaming stuff that I have no experience with...]
>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.4-1 | squeeze
>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.5-1 | wheezy
>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.5-1 | sid
>  dvswitch | 0.8.3.6-1 | sid

I would like to suggest using the 0.9 branch rather than the 0.8 one.

Pro:
- Has some interesting new features (recording stops (visually) when
  disk runs full; time-based fading; i18n (okay that might be an issue
  rather than a feature for debconf ;-))

Con:
- It's not been packaged yet
- New code might have instability issues

but then on that latter point: I've used it for several DVD concert
recordings, and have not had serious issues with it (BTW I had been
planning on bringing a few DVD's of the baobab recording, and put them
in my car, but moved them out in the end when I was cleaning and
packing... :-/ ).

Having said that, of course, it's not really my decision...

the following formula:

pi zz a