Re: [Debconf-video] copyright/license trailer

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:41 AM, David Noble <davidwnoble@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/2011 01:35 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> what tools are there to create text animations in .dv files from (python)
>> scripts ? iirc Tore hacked something up during dc7 but then lost the
>> sources...
>
> The PyCon / Next Day Video way has been to substitute text into an SVG,
> then render this out, and use a video encoder to generate the DV.
>
> I believe this is implemented in Veyepar, Carl will be able to confirm /
> reject this.

Confirmed.

https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/scripts/enc.py#L131

starting with template svg, for talk foo,  set title, presenters,
date, time... save foo.svg, convert to foo.png, add 'foo.png' to
foo.mlt, call melt foo.mlt which encodes to a variety of formats using
ffmpeg.

note: ffmpegs ogv isn't very good, so for that I use melt to create a
.dv (with title and normalised sound) then ffmpeg2theora to convert
the dv.  it's an extra encode step, but it works out just fine.

Recently been thinking of putting the appropriate CC image too.

--
Carl K