Re: [Debconf-video] Fwd: Announcing debian/watch, the Debian Miro Community

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:04:56 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote
> Hi,
>
> On Sonntag, 13. Februar 2011, Fernando C. Estrada wrote:
> > > Can anyone help on this item:
> > > * use something like watch.debian.net to point to our miro website
>
> I'm not sure we should have video.d.n and watch.d.n point to the
> same content but different presentation of it.

Sure. Valessio intends to use MC for streaming as well. So, I think we no
longer need video.d.n poiting to the old one.

> > "UPDATE: Miro Community is transitioning to a new pricing structure.

I haven´t noticed that :( So, I can assume hosting/maintaining a MC
environment for Debian if this transition affects us. Anyway, it is prudent to
wait for news before announcing debian/watch. Thanks for bringing it up.

> There are some issues I have with miro (which I havent brought up as
> I was at an Debian Edu gathering this weekend and busy with Edu
> stuff..), this is one of them.
>
> That said, http://debian.mirocommunity.org/ *looks* great! (And I
> applaud that very much.)

Share your concerns :)