Re: [Debconf-video] whether to ship xfxf's camera

Hi Eric,

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 11:49:19AM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> It would cost U$D160 to ship Ryan's camera. Given the general budgetary
> climate in -team I'm hesitant to ask for this and I definitely don't
> want him to pay the cost himself.
>
> Renting that model or similar cameras for our timeframe costs $600 or
> more on the US east coast. That definitely is not an option. I've
> considered buying my own, but that would be dumb in my present
> circumstances.
>
> I'm fairly certain we can get enough other el-cheapo cameras to cover
> our needs. My main concern is that they won't have the dynamic range for
> the low light conditions in Interschool Lab (second talk room). We don't
> seem to have money to spend on lighting either. So we risk repeating a
> problem mentioned in the DC9 final report.

If video-team has to spend some money on this, I suggest you to consider buying
a light like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672131-REG/Strand_Lighting_12HUIWK.html

I've bouth one much less powerfull and fits well for indor records with our
cheap Canon ZR800 camcorder. Also, it will be useful for next events.

There're many options here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|0&Ntt=light+kit&ci=6432&N=4294202549

This article can also help you deciding:

http://www.techlearning.com/article/1162

> I had hoped to discuss this in the meeting yesterday, but no one showed
> up (except for Carl who had to leave for an emergency).
>
> Other people I'm fairly certain we can get consumer cameras from:
> bgupta
> biella
> Carl

We'll bring that ZR800, which will be available for DC10 until 5th August.

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org