Re: [Debconf-video] us pycon in march

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 09:09 -0600, Carl Karsten wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I am Carl Karsten, in charge of AV for the US Python conference: http://us.pycon.org
>
> I liked what was done at DebConf and would like that to happen at PyCon in March
> 24-29 2009.  I have read over most of
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Category:DebConf8/Videoteam and if I could be in 12
> places at once I could do it myself, not problem.  Which is the point of my
> post:  Who can come to Chicago in March 09?

It looks like I can.  Also, I am something of a Python fan myself.

> We have a bit of a budget, but of course must spend the money wisely.  I need to
>   identify who can show up, what equipment is needed, and what the costs will
> be.   Hotel rooms and meals  will be provided.  If we have to pay for your time,
> that is understandable.  If you are willing to share a room with another from
> the Video team, that will free up some funds.

I would be willing to share a hotel room with someone I know.  I would
need some setup time and accommodation in advance of the conference.
When will you have access to the venue?

> I have 12 local people, plus a linux user group I can get some help from.  but I
> would prefer to have people who have actually done it before.
>
> So if you are interested,  let me know where you are coming from (to calculate
> travel costs) and how much you would need to be paid.

I'm based in Cambridge, UK.  Return flights from London to Chicago for
that week are currently priced at about £320 so reckon on about £400 for
my door-to-door transport costs.  I wouldn't expect to earn money from
this; only to have my expenses paid.

As I think I said before, Holger and I were at the 25C3 and we were
impressed with the video coverage.  We were intending to get in contact
with the video team for that (FeM Streaming team
<http://streaming.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/>) in the hope of future
collaboration or at least knowledge-sharing.  You may also be able to
recruit from them; I expect that many of them will have good English.

Ben.