Re: [Debconf-video] [patch] Improve dvswitch error handling and package README

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 10:00 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I just tested dvswitch, and discovered a minor problem.  When running
> it, it reported a non-informative message and aborted:
>
>   % src/.objs/dvswitch -h localhost -p 12345
>   terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Glib::FileError'
>   Aborted
>   %
>
> I tracked this down to the lack of catch statement for the
> Glib::Exception class of exception.

Right, I forgot it doesn't derive from std::exception.  This seems to be
something of a misfeature of glibmm.  I have applied your patch.

<snip>
> While trying to report this issue, I discovered that the README is
> missing information on where to find the latest source and where to
> report bugs and patches.  I guessed on a few settings, and include a
> patch to add such information to the README.
<snip>

Thank you for pointing this out.  I added this information, though with
different wording (and nearer the top).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
This sentence contradicts itself - no actually it doesn't.