Re: [Debconf-video] Needed equipment for DC8

Hi Damián,

On Monday 21 April 2008 00:22, Damián Viano wrote:
> 	The video team is one of the teams most concerned by hardware, so we
> (dc8-localteam hat on) need to know some details about the hardware you
> need and the hardware you plan to bring into Argentina.

Thanks for bringing this up here! :)

> 	The first is to try to get anything we might need and don't have as
> soon as possible. The second is because bringing stuff into Argentina
> may not be trivial sometimes, so we are investigating our possibilities
> and need some details for that.
>
> 	We are planning, currently, for 2 hacklabs, 2 talk rooms and 1 or 2
> bof rooms.

When will we know whether it will be one or two bof rooms?

> 	What we need is a list of equipment you intend to bring for Debconf8,
> as detailed as possible, and where would it come from.
>
> 	I'm thinking in something like:
>
> category (video/sound/computer/etc), description, brand, model, \
> new/used, estimated value in USD, current location
>
> 	So if you can take a moment and organize this list somehow (wiki,
> mailing list, or private mail if you don't feel comfortable about
> publishing this info) we'd really appreciate it

I'll go into this ASAP, which probably means weekend. If somebody else from
the videoteam could set up a wiki page and start filing it with content, I'd
very much appreciate this.

Damián, I was wondering, if we would declare all video/audio hardware at the
customs at entering Argentina, then it should be no problem to get it out as
well and not pay any taxes or fees or anything. Right? Will that delay going
through customs much?

regards,