Re: [Debconf-video] video volunteers wanted, too (was Re: FOSDEM: schedule, booth, and devroom volunteers)

Hi there!

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:42:07 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Thursday 31 January 2008 11:55, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> This will be the schedule for the FOSDEM Debian developers' room:
[...]
> Having read that Wouter wrote:
>
>> I'd like to ask for a volunteer to "man" the developers' room.
>
> it occurred to me, that I should ask for volunteers for our 48
> available videos jobs too :-)
>
> If you want to help the video team and know you want to watch a
> certain talk anyway, please dont hesitate to enter your name in the
> schedules on http://wiki.debian.org/FosdemVideo2008

I'll be at FOSDEM and glad to help the video team.  The non-Debian talk
I'm mostly interested is the OpenWrt one (Sun 25, 16:00-17:00 [1]), thus
most of the time I'll be in the Debian developers' room.  I'll update
the wiki page shortly after this mail.

It also happens that I have a MiniDV camera, a SONY DCR-PC55E [2], but
no tripod, sorry.  The major drawback for this camera is that the
Firewire connection is located on the docking station, which the camera
is attached to on the side opposite from the LCD.  In this
configuration, changing a tape is a bit tricky and requires around 5min.
Apart from that, the camera works smoothly on Debian and I already used
it to record the Italian DebConf 2007 [3].

FWIW, I'll have my laptop (IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X60 [4], but if we need
something different than sid and space, please tell me ASAP and I'll
free my second 60G SATA HD.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: