Re: Video Capture and Streaming Battle Plan (was:Fluendo, DV capture & other bits and pieces)

I know I'm coming back to this old thread, but I want to mention a few things...

On 6/8/05, Herman Robak <herman@skolelinux.no> wrote:
>  I have a recording illustrating the problem of exposure:
> <ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/press/20050520-kopinor/lessig_20050520.mpeg>

Great video anyway -- though I see what you're talking about. LL is a
"spectacular" speaker, and changes slides liberally for effect. I
haven't seen much of this in Debconf ;)

>  To be visually compelling, the camera must frame the speaker
> tightly, and anticipate the interest of the audience:  It should
> start moving towards the screen before the speaker points at it.
> If it doesn't, it will get the "surveillance camera look".

Absolutement. Is that you shooting LLessig? Can I take lessons?

cheers,

martin