Re: DebConf22 update - dates and venue

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 4:51 PM Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

How probable do you think it is that it will be possible to meet in
person at all, i.e. how probably it is that

a) vaccination in Kosovo will be advanced enough by this time;
b) in person meetings will be allowed;
c) foreign nationals will be allowed in the country, and under which
   conditions?

I understand that it might be too soon to answer those questions, or
that maybe we can be optimistic and assume the best case scenario by
default. But still we must be prepared for it to go wrong, so we should
probably define a deadline for a go/no-go decision so people can make
plans.  If the worse happens and it can't happen again, we need to know
that well in advance.

The Kosovo Government has the plan to vaccinate 60% of the population by the end of 2021.
In all likelihood this will be achieved way earlier and more vaccine procurements and
donations have been announced.
At the same time, entry requirements to Kosovo have been more flexible than in some EU countries
and we expect foreign entries that have been vaccinated or
have had a PCR test to be allowed in by July 2022.
Regarding meetings, they are already allowed and would remain as such if
the pandemic situation does not worsen.