Re: Fwd: Re: DebConf 2021 / Android conference app

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 8:26 PM <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Tobias (2021.07.28_21:15:31_+0000)
> > I am happy to announce that I published the DebConf 2021 Program App:
> > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.metadude.android.debconf.schedule
> >
> > Please try it out and let me know if you find any issues. Feel free to
> > leave a rating, too.
>
> Thanks!

It would be great if you could put the app (link, image, description)
on the website.
I was denied to register at https://salsa.debian.org - so I can't open
the merge request myself.
Please also spread the information about the app in your favorite
social channels.

> From a quick look, the only feedback I have is:
>
> 1. I think it'd make sense for "Use device time zone" to be on by default, for online events.
Yes, this might be useful.

> 2. It'd be nice to have something to identify the date in the selector, beyond "day 1" through "day 5", e.g. "Day 1 - 24 August" or "Day 1 -
Tuesday". For a long conference, one looses track of the days.
I experienced that myself ^^ The app helps with that a bit. Once the
conference starts, there will be a "today" next to the day. You can
try it out by advancing your system time.
I thought about dates before but the counter argument would be that
there is not too much horizontal space on a smart phone in portrait
mode.

> These are probably generic issues, not specific to DebConf.
Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback!

:) Tobias