Re: Survey: DebConf20 and COVID-19

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 02:40:25PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> The very first question in this survey is hard to answer:
>
> 1) Prior to the pandemic, were you planning to attend DebConf20 in Haifa?
>
> "Yes, but remotely". Is not an option.
>
> Please distinguish between 'travelling to Hiafa' and
> 'attending debconf' in the questions otherwise remote people tend to
> get completely ignored in the data by the framing of the questions.

I'm sorry you feel ignored, that was never the intent. In fact there is
a demand for improving our remote attendance and there are people such
as the video team working to make that much better.

However, our goal here is deciding whether to have the in-person part of
conference or not, so for this survey I only really care about whether
people were previously planning to travel there or not.

Also if I modify the survey at this point limesurvey would split the set
of answers in two and that would mean more work for me (a large amount
of people already answered), so I won't do it.