Re: Committee Role: Helping build the debconf-team

Title: HTML E-Mail

Regarding the following, written by "Daniel Lange" on 2019-11-14 at 18:25 Uhr +0100:

Actually we need no people in that city at all. We did a very nice DebConf15 in Heidelberg and not a single team member lived there. We took a train from Munich and elsewhere when we had to.

I feel it's important to consider that a lot of the reason why this worked was due to Stefan, who was our point of contact at the youth hostel, and who was amazing to work with. We got started very early and clearly communicated all our needs and desires, and he essentially became part of our team to play an absolutely instrumental role in putting on the show the way we did. If you do not have a Stefan on site, or multiple ones if your accomodation and venue are separate, then I don't think this will work.

--
.''`. martin f. krafft @martinkrafft
: :' : proud Debian developer

"one should never trust a woman who tells her real age.
if she tells that, she will tell anything."
-- oscar wilde