Re: DebConf19 budget approval request - round 3

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 09:07:04AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Just a gentle prod to see where this is.
> I don't want things to lag too long.

Yes, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. It's been more than a
week since I should have followed up with this, but didn't.

> I also had a question about one item on the budget proposal:
>
> >  - transport of meal reiumbursements for preparation and plannig work
> >    of local team: ~ 600 USD
>
> What's that?

This should actually read "local team expenses - transportation and
meals" (i.e. expenses of the local team members that are constantly
going to the venue for preparations). The "of" is a typo, it should have
been an "or". I have rewritten this item.

Now let's try it again.

We have a new budget, and these are the main changes since the last
version of the budget that was approved by the (previous) DPL:

- Bump travel bursaries from 60k to 75.5k USD (pre-approved by the DPL)
- Bump video team budget from 4.5k to 6.8k USD (pre-approved by the DPL)
- Add venue rent cost of ~ 7800 USD, to be paid in the form of the
  donation of a projector to the university (pre-approved by the DPL)
- catering costs down by ~ 4.5k USD, due to adjustment in the expected
  attendance
- accommodation costs down by ~ 5k USD (ditto)
- several other items followed this pattern due to the reduction in the
  expected attendance
- dropped expenses with swag (flip flops), invited speakers, and
  childcare (it turns out that there were not requests).
- other relevant new expenses added:
  - non-disposable drinking cups: ~ 1.5k USD
  - incidentals during the conference: 1k USD
  - local team expenses: ~ 600 USD
  - running a fiber from one of the rooms to the video team server room:
    ~ 1000 USD
  - renting sound equipment: ~ 4500 USD

So, I would like to have the following budget, presented below as a
ledger(1) report, approved. We are positive by a little over 4000 USD
(assets:SPI).

        USD 4,118.74  assets:SPI
      USD 170,643.73  expenses
       USD 85,500.00    bursaries