Re: DebConf19 budget approval request - round 3

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 09:39:47AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
>         USD 4,118.74  assets:SPI
>
> I'm sorry, I don't know what assets:SPI would mean on a budget.
> Do you mean that your income is expected to exceed expenses by $4,118?

Yes. I tried to explain this explicitly in my request, but failed.

>       USD 170,643.73  expenses
>        USD 85,500.00    bursaries
>        USD 75,500.00      bursaries
>        USD 10,000.00      diversity
>

> Why are there two bursaries line items?  If the intent is to show that
> there is a Bursaries line item containing a Bursaries line item and a
> diversity line item that rolls up into the Bursaries line item how am I
> supposed to get that from the presentation?
> If they were indented different amounts I could see indentation, but
> they are the same level of indentation.

The total bursaries budget is 85,500. It has 2 sub-items: 75,500 is the
general bursaries amount; and 10,000 is reserved for diversity
bursaries. I have updated the source file so that the "bursaries" item
has two sub-items: "general bursaries", and "diversity bursaries".

>         USD 1,430.85    graphic materials
>
> Are we saying that this is under the Diversity item because it's
> indented one space more?
> I don't understand why A Bursaries Diversity item would need graphic
> materials.

"graphic materials" has the same indentation as the top-level
"bursaries" item, with both under "expenses". It has no relation with
bursaries, other than coming just after it.