Re: [DebConf18] Privacy and govermental funds

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 12:11:52PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> at bottom :-
>
> On 12/05/2018, ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen@debian.org> wrote:
> I would suggest having an example web-page somewhere as and when possible
> before the official reconfirmation message goes out (whenever that happens) so
> we know how much information would be leaked.

Good idea.

> As far as e-mail address and mobile number masking is concerned, just the first
> four number themselves give lot of info.
>
> For instance see India's mobile telephone numbering system.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_telephone_numbering_in_India
>
> Just the first four numbers themselves tells anybody both my operator and the
> region from where I belong. I dunno about other countries but probably each may
> have a different numbering system, how do we ensure that people who might be ok
> with partially masked numbers do not give more than intended ?
>
> for email addresses, the same thing how would those be partially masked ?

I think in this case, we can just let user to mask these information.
For example, I can provide the following information to DebConf for
fund:

* phone: +8869****0016
* email: c***en@debian.org

In this case, I can ensure the information I gave does not breach the
privacy.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debconf,debian}.org
http://czchen.info/