Re: [DebConf18] Privacy and govermental funds

at bottom :-

On 13/05/2018, ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 12:11:52PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> at bottom :-
>>
>> On 12/05/2018, ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen@debian.org> wrote:
>> I would suggest having an example web-page somewhere as and when possible
>> before the official reconfirmation message goes out (whenever that
>> happens) so
>> we know how much information would be leaked.
>
> Good idea.
>
>> As far as e-mail address and mobile number masking is concerned, just the
>> first
>> four number themselves give lot of info.
>>
>> For instance see India's mobile telephone numbering system.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_telephone_numbering_in_India
>>
>> Just the first four numbers themselves tells anybody both my operator and
>> the
>> region from where I belong. I dunno about other countries but probably
>> each may
>> have a different numbering system, how do we ensure that people who might
>> be ok
>> with partially masked numbers do not give more than intended ?
>>
>> for email addresses, the same thing how would those be partially masked ?
>
> I think in this case, we can just let user to mask these information.
> For example, I can provide the following information to DebConf for
> fund:
>
> * phone: +8869****0016
> * email: c***en@debian.org
>
> In this case, I can ensure the information I gave does not breach the
> privacy.
>

> --
> ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) czchen@{czchen,debconf,debian}.org
> http://czchen.info/
> Key fingerprint = BA04 346D C2E1 FE63 C790  8793 CC65 B0CD EC27 5D5B

Dear ChangZhuo Chen ,

The best would be to give the number as you shared the link above -

* phone: +8869****0016 and give a hyperlink of something like

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2010/10/05/2003484569/1

so people have an idea of what they are supposed to do.

The rest is upto the debconf-team.

Another thing to note is that telephone numbering system varies a lot
from 10 -11 + 2-3 country code affiliations according to -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_telephone_prefixes_by_country
so please have that bit of flexibility . and make sure to tell it's an
opt-in.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल