[Debconf-team] DebConf committee infos / DC18 bid evaluation and decision polls

Dear DebConf members,

the DPL has delegated the DebConf committee to decide on DebConf bids and mentor the teams that have been selected to run the annual Debian Developers' conference.

The members of the committee are:
- Jonathan Cristopher Carter (highvoltage)
- Daniel Lange (DLange)
- Lucas Nussbaum (lucas)
- Dider Raboud (OdyX)
- Stefano Rivera (tumbleweed)
(irc nicks in brackets)

You can find the full delegation text at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/01/msg00003.html .

We have elected OdyX as the chair from the committee members as per the above delegation.

For DC18 we have received bids from

Hsinchu, Taiwan
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/Bids/Hsinchu

and
Curitiba, Brasil
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/Bids/Curitiba

We would like to invite everybody to help review and discuss the DC18 bids.

We especially invite the following DebConf members that have expressed interest in the past to support the decision process:

- Giacomo Catenazzi (cate)
- Gunnar Wolf (gwolf)
- Holger Levsen (h01ger)
- Martin Krafft (madduck)
- Moray Allan (moray)
- Philipp Hug (hug)

For the bid teams: Please have at least two representatives join both meetings.

Please fill both Framadate forms on storm.debian.net for your availability by Saturday, 2018-01-21 20:00 UTC.

Unfortunately these meetings have to take place during the European day as otherwise either Brasil or Taiwan will have the meeting in the middle of the night.
Please excuse the inconvenience and try to make participation possible.

DebConf18 bid review meeting (90 mins)
https://storm.debian.net/shared/WdjbEMIf0hbHBaYV4AsExjae3dGqmUkWezkS8BlvV_j

DebConf18 bid decision meeting (60 mins)
https://storm.debian.net/shared/3eZw0-fvDHhlsej7sHfFAb3Yx4W6t6eE7IIGYvBU30L

Kind regards,
Daniel