Re: [Debconf-team] Questions for the Hsinchu bid

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 09:18:45PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Most importantly, how does one pronounce Hsinchu? :-)

The pinyin for Hsinchu is "xīn zhú", and you can use the following
website to get the pronounce of "xīn zhú".

http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/pinyin.html

> Venue/Transport:
> The "Transportation to NCTU" pdf is not clear to me. By "airport", does
> it mean "Taoyuan International Airport" (TPE) ?
> It would be useful to state how much time it approximately takes
> to reach the venue from the airport for all three methods.

Yes, the airport is "Taoyuan International Airport" (TPE). We will get
the approximate time for all three methods later.

> Venue/Accomodation:
> According to the picture, dorms are four beds per room. Is that how they
> would be used (four people per room)?

Yes, we plan to have four people per room.

> Are there nearby hotels that could be used by some attendees? Are they
> reachable by walk or public transport?

LandisInn Hotel Hsinchu is in 5 minutes walking distance.

http://chuhu.landishotelsresorts.com/

> The social side:
> DebConf is also important as an opportunity for people to meet, chat and
> drink beers. Is there a (university?) bar open close to the venue where
> attendees could go during evenings?

There is a open space in dorms, and we can also use tables in school
cafeteria.

> Weather:
> What is the expected weather? Are there places that don't have air
> conditioning?

Dorms have air conditioning, and we can buy prepaid card to use it. All
classrooms also have air conditioning.

> Location of the rooms:
> Are all the rooms in the same building? (or are they spread across the
> campus?)

I think this depends on the final deal with NCTU.

--
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen@debian.org>
Debian Developer (https://nm.debian.org/public/person/czchen)