Re: [Debconf-team] Call for Review: DC18 Brochure & Flyer

Hi,

On Sun Sep 10, 2017 at 15:30:28 +0800, ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please help to review DC18 brochure and flyer in [0]. The following is
> TODO items right now:

First of all, the brochure looks nice, but i have few things to
criticise.

Page 1:
  I counted 5 different font sizes and mix of bold and no bold fonts and
  a mix 1.5 and 1 line spacing: This makes the page very
  restless/fidgety to read. Try to avoid this by reducing the number of
  font sizes and line spacing options.

  The indenting of this page is different to the one on the other pages.
  Given that this page is the cover page this is probably okay, but it
  looks a bit strange compared to the remaining pages, which have less
  indenting and a smaller font size.

Page 2:
  This page is only half filled. Use the remaining space. Either use the
  space with a picture, or maybe if the conference is held at a
  university (wiki page for DC18 and page 4 suggest so) as the dean for
  a statement why he thinks DebConf18 at the university is a good thing.

Page 3:
  Last section, second sentence, you do a paragraph break in the middle
  of the sentence. Why?

Page 4:
  I am not a native english speaker, but the word-line-breaking for
  "partic-ipants" (3rd paragraph) looks very strange to me.

Page 6:
  I would use a different wording for the caption for the picture. eg.
  Participants with T-Shirts from all past DebConfs.

Page 7:
  You do not use a third of a page! Either add content or a picture.

Page 8:
  Maybe not use the same quotes of our sponsors all and all over again.
  Ask sponsors for DebConf17 to send you new quotes?

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster