Re: [Debconf-team] Reviewing the venue contract

Hi Lucas,

Le 2017-01-10 à 11:22, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> Hi Jerome,
>
> On 10/01/17 at 10:30 -0500, Jerome Charaoui wrote:
>> Here is the current (final?) draft:
>> https://debconf17-owncloud.univers-libre.net/index.php/s/F2v2hf4DsULnC9w
>
> A few questions/comments from someone who hasn't been following DC17
> orga very closely. So answers to my questions might be somewhere in the
> archives. ;)
>
> In:
>> Communiquer les coordonnées de ses commanditaires au locateur pour
>> approbation avantle 26 mai2017.
>
> What is "ses commanditaires"? sponsors? (I guess so given what you wrote
> later) May 26th might prove a bit early to know the final list of sponsors.

I'll ask if we can push this date forward 1 month.

> In:
>> A prendre et à maintenir en vigueur, pour la durée de l’événement, une
>> police d’assurance responsabilité civile de plus de cinq millions de
>> dollars (5000000$) qui désigne le Collège de Maisonneuve comme co-assuré
>> ainsi qu’une police d’assurance couvrant les biens meublesdu locateur et
>> du locataire.
>
> Has this been budgeted?

Yes, it should cost us about CDN$1000

> About:
>> 16)Le LOCATAIRE doit se procurer un permis d'alcool de la Régie des
>> alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec,  dès  qu'il  y  a
>> consommation  ou  vente  d'alcool  lors  de  son  événement.  Ce  permis
>> doit  être affiché dans le local où se situe le bar.
>
> Is it planned to sell drinks inside the college during the event? This
> is generally a good idea, to avoid people spreading to nearby bars
> during evenings, but instead keeping people together at the venue.
>
> Also, what is the plan for the cheese and wine party?

Nothing set in stone yet. We can either use the interior garden (my
personal preference) or rent an external venue (we have already
identified some options).

> About:
>> 20)Les lieux loués devront être remis dans leur état d'origine à la
>> suite de l'événement.
>
> Does this cover cleaning the venue after the event, or is that done by
> the College ? if it's not done by the College, are we also in charge of
> cleaning the venue during the event ? (which is likely to be needed)

Cleaning is done by the College and included in the rent price. I'll
inquire whether this includes cleaning *during* the event. I think the
conference rooms and hacklabs could especially benefit.

-- Jerome