Re: [Debconf-team] Visa arrangements and timetables

Neil Williams dijo [Fri, May 06, 2016 at 01:50:26PM +0100]:
> > On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 12:04:57PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > > Just wondering how long registrants should expect to wait for visa
> > > information for debconf16 via visa@debconf.org?
> >
> > not long. If there hasnt been *any* reply at all, I'd resend the mail
> > to visa@ after two days…
>
> OK, so the original message was:
> On Saturday 16 April 2016 08:25 AM, from Senthil Kumaran S
>
> The ping was:
> Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 14:23:42 +0530
>
> .. at which point I was CC'd.
> (...)

Yesterday I talked with Graham, who is part of the visa team. He is
currently waiting for the university to produce some papers... I have
also sent a mail (April 12, it seems)... So, yes, things are moving,
please ensure Senthil he is not getting forgotten — And at least as
far as I have seen the visa granting process, we still have enough
time without worrying.

Visa applications take up to one week (in Mexico's case, at least). I
know what is seen at one country can be vastly different from what is
seen at a different one... I'm just mentioning this as a data point.