Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trips

Hi Everyone

Please see the PDF that has been put onto Git. (hopefully).
It has all the Day trip options as well as pricing for the various places/tours.

There are 3 set Tours arranged by Tour Companies:
they are one package for a certain set price.
1) The Aquilla Safari (Big 5 Safari)
2) Wine Tasting (Wine Flies)
3) Franschhoek Wine Tours

OR there are other options too......

The other options:
My suggestion is to possibly create our own Itinerary for the day, and the delegates choose which option they would prefer.

**On the PDF I have added separate prices for each option.**

For Example:

DAY TRIP 1:

South Peninsula tour:
1) Start at Seal Island in Hout Bay (for the 1 hour boat trip).
2) Go to Cape Point Nature Reserve, walk/take the Funicular up to the lighthouse
3) Boulders Beach

Cost: +/- R300

or

1) Start at Cape Point Nature Reserve, walk/take the Funicular up to the lighthouse
2) Go to Boulders Beach for lunch
3) End with the SA Navy Museum Tour and Submarine

Cost: +/- R260

DAY TRIP 2:
Mountain, Land and Sea Tour

1) Go up and down Table Mountain, in the Cable Car (weather depending)
2) Seal Island in Hout Bay, 1 hour tour
3) end at Groot Constantia for some Wine tasting and the Museum

OR

1) Go up and down Table Mountain, in the Cable Car (weather depending)
2) Kirstenbosh Gardens (lunch and a walk about)
3) End at Groot Constantia for some Wine tasting and the Museum

Cost +/-  R380 - R400 (Table M and Seal Is) as well as the Museum and Wine Tasting

DAY TRIP 3:
1) Robben Island Tour
2) Stop at Signal Hill/Company Gardens for Lunch
3) Castle of Good Hope/ underground tour

Cost:
+/- R330 without the underground tour
+/- R580 with the underground Tour of the Castle

DAY TRIP 4:

1) Draakenstein Lion Park
2) Giraffe House
3) Spice Route for Beer, Wine or Chocolate Tasting

Cost: +/- R300

DAY TRIP 5:
1) Elgin Valley and Botrivier beer tasting (1.5hrs - 2hrs out of CT)
* maybe add a Cheetah experience in Somerset West to "beef it up".
Cheetah experience not listed.

Cost: R150 - R250

We would be looking at R300 - R1200
I have not added transport into this total. But maybe work on a R75 budget.

These are all suggestions and please feel free to add or mix and match etc.
Ask if all is not clear.

Regards
Tammy
--