Re: [Debconf-team] timing for sessions

hi all

I really like how this is going, I like that there are long breaks,
and I think ending at 6pm is cool.

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:54 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> also sprach Allison Randal <allison@lohutok.net> [2016-05-03 22:55 +0200]:
>> > 10:00-10:45am First Talk/BoF
>> > 10:45-11:15am Morning Tea/Coffee Break
>> > 11:15-12:00pm Second Talk/BoF
>
> Do we really need a break after the first session of the day, when
> breakfast has just ended and lunch is about to begin?

I do think the breaks are important, this is where the real value of a
conference happens. I understand that it is very hard for organisers
to not cram as many talks in as possible, because we feel that this is
what people pay money for, but it's only part of the reason. I think
having lots of breaks to share ideas and discuss the sessions that
just happened is an amazing opportunity to grow relationships. And if
there's only one session then a break, that's fine too, in my opinion.