[Debconf-team] Questions for the 新竹市 Team!

Hi!

Here's a few questions I had reading your bid on the wiki:

1 - From what I understand NCTU is your main venue. I recall seeing
other venue options on your bid a while ago. Do you have any backup
options in case NCTU does not work?

2 - You write that NCTU wants to sponsor both venue and accommodation in
dormitories. How strong is their commitment (do you have any signed
letter from them?)

3 - You plan to let people eat in different restaurants. How do you plan
to manage reimbursement for people who have their food sponsored?

4 - Having traveled in Asia (mainly mainland China) I have found that
even though I speak and read mandarin well enough to understand and be
understood, eating vegan meals was very hard. Lots of place will say
there is no animal byproducts but there actually are some in their food.

More generally, how do you plan to deal with the sometimes complicated
(gluten-free, vegans, etc.) diets of some of attendees?

5 - How easy is it in 新竹市 to get by speaking only English?

6 - Since this would be the first DebConf in Asia, how many people do
you think there would be? The other FOSS conferences look quite big and
the largest room at NTCU you list has a 300ppl maximum capacity. Do you
think that will be enough?

祝你好运!

--
pollo (鸡)