Re: [Debconf-team] DC17 website revamped

at bottom :-

On 19/12/2016, Jerome Charaoui <jerome@riseup.net> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I just wanted to send out a quick annoncement about the recent revamp of
> the DebConf17 website. We've finally moved away from the truly barebones
> site that you may have seen, to something that much better represents
> DebConf17.
>
> https://debconf17.debconf.org
>
> It's still far from perfect, so please let us know of any mistakes to
> correct or improvements we could implement.
>
> Even better, you can push your changes to the staging instance
> (wafertest.debconf.org) and ask one of us to review and push it onto the
> public site.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Jerome

Dear Jerome,

Do you want to do all through the website or also put some of the
info. from the wiki as well. For instance, I had seen the Day trip
being planned on the DC16 wiki and quite a bit of activity on the page
itself as well as on IRC as things moved closer.  This made it far
easier for people to plan out things.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Daytrip

I had liked that DC16 did give space to the wiki so that people who do
not have web programming skills could still contribute via the wiki

https://debconf16.debconf.org/about/registration/

See the -

See also

    The wiki pages about DebConf16, with further information:

on the link shared above .

Maybe we could have a link on the website to the wiki as well.

Btw just put up historical information garnered from Jonathan about ATM

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Debconf17/ATM

I will probably try to add some bits about day trip and any other bits
I find about Canada which may be relevant for debconf17 as and when
time permits.

Actually one of the fun things which I saw during last debconf was
shopping. While shopping is an impulse behaviour maybe some bits could
be articulated, so that potential attendees could benefit from that as
well.  While we wouldn't be able to cover much, at least basics like
clothing, trinkets, usual or unusual purchases might fit the bill.

This would require though expertise and guidance of Canadians though.

A penny for everybody's thoughts :)

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल