[Debconf-team] Monday November 28th meeting

Hi!

We had a meeting a few hours ago. You can find the summary at the end of
this email or on the wiki
(https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Meetings/2016-11-14).

Next meeting will be on *Monday November 28th, starting at 15:30 UTC*.
As always, the agenda can be found here: http://deb.li/il9wc

-----
*DC16 finances & final report*

UCT has received the final SPI payment. They have paid the housing cost
(internal transfer) and now need to pay the final re-imbursements to
local team members.
Some work on Dc16 Ledger is to be done, but Nigel can't work on it now
since he's swamped with work.

*Venue*

lavamind talked the the venue people. Regarding catering they'll try to
give a us deal so we don't have to pay the full price to rent the cafeteria.

For insurance we actually need two contracts, civil responsibility &
damages. We need to estimate how much our stuff is worth.

Venue also wanted to approve our sponsors. The example he gave me about
sponsors that would not be approved is Red Bull, because the college has
an anti energy drink policy. We should be OK with that.

*Catering*

A few of the locals went and met with Le Dîner (one of the caterers) and
had a tasting session there. Everything went really well and we are
seriously considering going with them.

*Website*

Noel did a lot of work on CSS and looks. He's waiting for some infos to
work on Stripe integration.

*Accommodation*

No updates on this. lavamind is looking for global team help on
estimating numbers.

*Fundraising*

Around 20 sponsors to contact. 39K USD committed at the moment.

*Conference program*

No updates on this.

--
pollo