Re: [Debconf-team] DC17 July meeting

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:21:15AM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> You can find the proposed agenda here:
> https://cryptpad.fr/p/#JVllyL3qWwDR9mDQmfmNCN9n

One thing that Gregor Hermann mentioned to me on the way back from
DebConf, which I think could be useful at this point of still early
planning:

Poll DebConf attendees on their preferences about various parts of
DebConf.

This might make it easier to slash items from the budget if necessary,
or avoid lots of planning time for parts that are not considered
necessary or even useful by the majority of attendees.

Possible questions from the top of my head:

1. How important do you consider Debcamp?

2. Should there be ad-hoc sessions or should the schedule be as final as
possible in advance?

3. How important are generally FLOSS-related, but not directly
Debian-related talks?

4. Should the day trip offer lots of options, or is it better if
everybody is in one place?

5. How important is the conference dinner?

6. Should we spend some money on inviting engaging FLOSS-related
speakers?

I guess it would not be too much work to assemble a web-based
poll/questionnaire and ask on debconf-discuss/elsewhere for people to
participate.

Michael