Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf17 bids - DebConf Committee

On 2016-01-24 17:23, martin f krafft wrote:
The wiki lists three purposes for this meeting:

  1. Introductions from teams and their members.

  2. Questions from teams about the process, and about what others
     suggest they try to do on any uncertain aspects or potential
     problems.

  3. Questions to teams, if there are still unanswered issues.

Do we really need a meeting for any of these?

Ideally everything could be sorted out on the list (plus IRC), then only one meeting would be required. But past experience suggests that some bid teams and others, including even Committee members, do not become fully engaged until the first meeting happens. Skipping the status meeting then led to more meta-arguments (e.g. requests for delays while additional information was sought) in the decision meeting.

For this year, the low number of questions/comments on the list (and main IRC channels) so far doesn't fill me with confidence that everyone has already fully engaged with the bid process.

Moray