[Debconf-team] Wafer data model

Hey team,

in working my way into wafer, I've started to document the data
model at

  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Wafer

and invite you all to have a look. Part of it is (ongoing) on
a population script to seed your local database with DebConf-like
data:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc16.dc.o.git/tree/dc16/management/commands/dc16_populate_db.py

After a few hours with wafer, I can say that it's lean and seems
well designed, so this is good.

At the same time, we still need to do quite a bit of work until
wafer can manage DebConf registrations, events, scheduling and
stuff.

Given the nature of DebConf, I personally hold high hopes in the
idea of using a key-value store to associate "user tags" with the
wafer objects, so that we do not actually have to add much detail to
the database design. Instead of e.g. adding a field "t-shirt size"
or "assassins" to the database, the idea would be to rather give
dc-orga team members a way to associate any data they want with
attendees, events, schedule slots, sponsors, whatever…

I've started to babble about the idea here:

  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Wafer/KeyValueStore

and am looking forward to your feedback.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17