Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-sponsors-team] Website: static page or redirect to wiki? - NB for fundraising

Thanks Laura

* For now I need far less than this; I just need the debconf16.debconf
site to point to *something*

These will be discussed at the next website meeting - no date decided
yet, will soon as PyConZA is now done. I made some comments for you
below.

These need to be dumped into this titanpad for website discussions [1]
(I copied it in there for you already, no worries.)

regards

[1] - https://titanpad.com/443gTylF6p

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> El 04/10/15 a las 10:15, Brian Gupta escribió:
>> Check with Wendar. She worked on the DC14 site. Perhaps she has time? If
>> not, you need to find a volunteer and make sure they have access to the
>> relevant repo.
>>
> TL;DR: count with me, but we still need somebody else.
>
> The good news
>
> * I can push commits to scm.alioth.debian.org//git/debconf-data/dc16.git
> * I can put time tonight (Europe's night) and this week's nights on this
> * I can copy the website from any former debconf and work on the
> xhtml/wml/html files, using the wiki as source of information. No CSS
> skills. Somebody should say which debconf website to copy

\o/ This is great, we will use your skills! :)

> The bad news
>
> * I cannot make design decisions, and I'm really bad at aesthetics

This is Tammy, highvoltage and superfly (et al)'s field, so we have
this covered, thanks.

> * No idea about how to "build" sites, nor how to make
> debconf16.debconf.org point to
> scm.alioth.debian.org//git/debconf-data/dc16.git/website

The building sites is covered, by hodgestar et al - this is the main
topic of the website meeting to happen soon.

> * I'm not native English speaker so somebody should review my writings.

np

> * I cannot make plans now about my further involvement in the website
> (my timetable from November on is undefined yet).

that's fine, we will work with this. Great for having you so far!