Re: [Debconf-team] Results from HD meeting

also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2015-07-08 00:21 +0200]:
> > Coffee
> > ======
> > There is a high-end coffee machine at the bistro (2.00–2.50 € for
> > a "speciality") and there are two medium-range coffee machines (not
> > instant coffee) close by the main talk rooms (1.50 € for
> > a "speciality").
>
> Does that mean they have only cappuchino or espresso, but no cafe creme
> or whatever a regular coffe is called?

They'll have that too, for around 2 € I'd say. I just quoted the
most expensive products.

> > If we also want to offer plain coffee ("drip coffee") as the default
> > hot drink, then we have two choices:
> >
> >   * Served, meaning attendees pay ca. 1.75 €/cup (0.28l)
> >   * Self-served, meaning DebConf pays ca. 1.30 €/cup
>
> Personally, I find that a bit pricey, but oh well.  If we have the
> money, I'd also go for option #2.

I agree, it is a bit pricey and if we opt for paper cups instead of
mugs, then the price halves. However, I really don't think we should
just waste thousands of paper cups.

> Birthday party
> ==============
> > We'll arrange the big plenary room for the party, so cake will be
> > served there, and we'll have the possibility to use the microphone
> > for games and whatever else we want. I hope this can be done in
> > a way not to disturb video setup.
>
> I'd assumed we'd spill over the party to the courtyard if the
> weather

We have all the options, but I made sure to discuss the rain option
too. HD does have a big balcony and direct access to the outside
areas, so it's suitable too, but the courtyard is the nicest place
for sure. It all depends on weather and sizes.

> > The band will be playing in the basement, in shifts with whoever
> > wants to play some tunes.
>
> Basement being the place the disco is at?

Yes.

> > We've also asked them to open the disco for us on Wednesday and
> > Friday nights.
>
> I assumed the disco would be open for the party as well, or was that too
> obvious too mention?

The disco will be open for the birthday party, as well as on
Wednesday and Friday nights. "bellsparx" will play there on the
birthday party, and during breaks and later in the night, we'll spin
our own music for dancers.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org