[Debconf-team] Transport for DC15 conf dinner (was: DC15 conf dinner budget extension)

also sprach Neil McGovern <leader@debian.org> [2015-05-07 20:23 +0200]:
> I'll also see if there's any more companies I can prod to sponsor
> DebConf - I think that making sure people can /get/ to the conference
> dinner is quite important, and I don't know how accessible it is by
> public transport - Martin?

I found out *today* that there is indeed an hourly public bus going,
but that won't scale, especially since it departs about 2k from the
youth hostel. Also, regular transport won't be cheaper than
chartered coaches, and group tickets are just going to end in tears.

So, the restaurant is about a 6k walk (partially uphill). Yes, we
could just force everyone to walk and use private cars for those
that cannot. I'd really prefer having 3 medium-sized busses (e.g.
25–30 seats) ferrying back and forth for an hour and give everyone
the option.

Finally, I am pretty sure I will find a way to make this happen
within the existing budget. But if it turns out I cannot, I'd much
rather have some additional funds available than to turn down, get
approval and risk missing another offer.

Cheers,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org