Re: [Debconf-team] Formal meeting: Wednesday 18:30 UTC: Delegation for DebConf

also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2015-11-16 00:56 +1300]:
> My personal opinion is also, that these three proposals are pretty
> much the same, and the only thing stopping them from converging is
> ego.

The reason I support the no-delegation (which I don't see as equal
to the other proposals) is not ego. I do not take credit for this
proposal. I merely consider it better suited for the nature of
dc-orga in the light of our experiences, it's much leaner, and comes
without any downsides over the other two approaches.

Conversely, a well-made delegation also won't hurt, it's just going
to take more time to get there, and adds an additional entity
without obvious benefits, and comes with a bit of inertia. If the
team wants to go this way (again), my "ego" won't stand in the way.

More important than the question of whether we need delegates or not
is IMHO the bid decision and decision arbitration. I'd like to think
that the proposed "annually elected per-conference bid decision
committee acting as quasi-ctte" is better aligned in terms of
motivations/interests than fixed delegates arbitrating when they see
fit, and I hope we can kick off the election process for this soon.
The bid submission deadline is closer than we think and it's about
time we get in touch with the potentially bid teams.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16
      DebConf17 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17