[Debconf-team] Deadlines and doing stuff (Was: Artwork)

Dear all

Re: In the Local Team thread, of Jonathan being concerned about people
contacting daytrip options without his knowledge, and Tammy on this
thread being concerned that the artwork is not perfect, and talking
about deadlines.

To me this raises three important issues to take note of, and this is
regardless if we use a project management tool or not:
* We need people to feel comfortable doing stuff. If we have to wait
on deadlines to be reached to get access to something, or wait for
people to tell us what to do, or worry who we potentially upset by
doing something, things will never get done.
* We are not each other's clients, we are a team, we need access to
things before they look nice. Developers are likely more comfortable
with this than designers, but that doesn't change that it needs to
work this way. This will *always* be an issue with multi-disciplinary
teams, and we need to be aware and sensitive to it, but I've given up
finding some miracle way to make it work without hiccups. Take
responsibility and find help. Don't just wait and get frustrated.
* If you ask for feedback and don't get any, ping someone who you feel
is the most relevant and ask them. If this person is fine with it, go
ahead. I am not that person unless you can't find someone.

Moving forward, I suggest we try really hard to let people know what
we're doing. If you have already, or plan to contact a daytrip option,
for example, then do that, but let us know - especially Jonathan who
has now expressed interest in heading this up.

The place I am trying to have as the main notice board is the weekly
agenda titanpad [1]. At least let us know there, and then, if you want
let us know on IRC or email or where you feel comfortable. If you do
it on a wiki, put the link to the wiki on titanpad. (And it's not a
big deal to contact daytrip people more than once, it's their job to
deal with us. Rather that and feeling a bit awkward than things
falling through the cracks.)

regards

[1] - https://debconf16-capetown.titanpad.com/2